Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Make Leverage Part Of Your Gameplan

No matter what our situation we are surrounded by opportunities to employ leverage. I am convinced of this. The trick is in learning to recognize and make use of it  it whenever possible.

What does leverage look like?

Well, here are a few examples to get you started thinking.

Leverage could take the form of:

Other People's Money
Other People's Assets
Other People's Time
Other People's Expertise
Other People's Connections


It's embarrassing but years ago I missed an opportunity to employ leverage. I was convinced I needed to build and host my own websites for my business. So I proceeded to spend thousands of dollars hiring consultants, buying hardware, and installing special high speed Internet connections and firewalls.

I would have been much better off using a company like Bluehost for example to host my sites for me. I did not realize at the time that for less than $7 a month, I could leverage their specialized knowledge, assets and experience as a top-notch hosting provider. I was too focussed on the idea that I had to do it all in-house.

It all seems kind of silly now, but the bottom line was I was unwilling to spend a few dollars a month and instead spent thousands on consultants, hardware, and books. I had failed to employ leverage.

Look around you. If others have figured out a solution to your problem use your dollars to leverage their expertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment